The Marvel Comics Universe is about to be changed forever. In fact, it looks like it’s about to be changed forever over and over between December of this year and February 2022, as announced by the publisher eight new “tentpole” series, of which at least half sounds like mega-events. Curious? Here’s the recap, straight from Marvel.
The reign of the devil
- “All hell breaks loose in the Marvel Universe as tKingpin finally declares all-out war on the heroes of Reign of the devil! Having set the scene in their Eisner nominee daredevil epic, Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s high-profile crossover event finds Mayor Fisk banning all superheroes in New York City and revealing information about all their dark secrets, while pitting Daredevil, Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man against each other , Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and many more against his Thunderbolt agents. But at the end… Who will reign? “
- “Marvel Comics” Avengers forever brings together archaeologist Tony Stark aka the Invincible Ant-Man and the Avengers from across the multiverse to tidy up the timelines where “hope” is a four letter word. Jason Aaron and Aaron Kuder present an all-new series that will redefine the Avengers as … the most powerful heroes in the multiverse.
- “The future of the Marvel Universe is here, and Timeless this is where it all begins. When a menacing new timeline emerges, Kang the Conqueror must fight his way through the coming year to protect the main 616 timeline that he has worked centuries to solidify as his own. Jed MacKay, Kev Walker, Joe Bennett, Mark Bagley and many more give a first glimpse of what will happen in the Marvel Universe in 2022 in a story that will prove … the future is timeless.
X Wolverine Lives and X Wolverine Deaths
- House of X and Powers of X inaugurated tThe First Krakoan Age of the X-Men. Now Marvel Comics’ X Wolverine Lives and X Wolverine Deaths will test “the best of what he does” before a mutant can survive the second age of Krakoan. Benjamin Percy, Joshua Cassara and Federico Vicentini tell two intertwined stories about what happens to Wolverine when … Its past meets its future.
- “Marvel Comics” She-Hulk, by Rainbow Rowell and Rogê Antônio, throws the book at Jennifer Walters as she tries to put her rage-filled days behind her and resume practicing law to defend the innocent. But when a friend from her past comes knocking with a mystery she can’t resist, She-Hulk gets … Return to Bashing.
The Fantastic Four: The War of Accounts
- “Dan Slott is joined by Carlos Pacheco and Rachael Stott for Marvel Comics” The Fantastic Four: The War of Accounts, an epic saga that has lasted for over 15 years. The original Secret War of the Marvel Universe has been rekindled and every living thing is actually in danger, as we are finally at … Our judgment day.
Moon Girl and Diable Dinosaur
- “Lunella Lafayette and her adorable 20-the walking dinosaurs are BACK in Marvel Comics’ Moon Girl and Diable Dinosaur. But what form will their partnership take in this exciting new era? Keep your eyes peeled in the coming months for more information on the next adventure of the World’s Biggest Brain that will send dinosaur-sized shockwaves throughout the Marvel Universe. In 2022, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur will give new meaning to the term “Marvel Team-Up” in a tale that promises to … Shake up your world.
She-Hulk and Moon Girl and Diable Dinosaur appear to be fairly straightforward stand-alone series; nothing about Wolverine is ever straightforward, so it’s unclear how much of an impact his two titles will have. Corn Reign of the devil will affect all the heroes who live in New York, who’s like 98% of all Marvel characters, so that’s a big deal. Then The Fantastic Four: Calculate War will endanger reality, and Timeless will put the future in danger, and it is clear that many parts of the multiverse are in danger in Avengers forever. It’s a lot of danger!
It’s very strange to me that The reign of the devil is actually called “A Marvel Event” while the Timeless logo has the giant real estate in the promotional photo, which usually denotes the biggest event. But from the description, Count the war has the highest possible stakes on all of these titles, which are usually reserved for mega-events. So I guess those are the three big event comics? In three months ? It seems exhausting to read, let alone having to experience it. But you can do it later this year when Reign of the devil launches this series of events and new titles starting in December.
Wondering where our RSS feed went? You can pick up the new one here.